Friday, March 1, 2013

because love is a verb

Hello all you fine people! More updates to follow but I wanted to get this blog started and get the word out! This summer I'll be heading to Pemba, Mozambique in southern Africa for about 3 months. I'll be working with an organization called Iris Ministries run by Heidi and Rolland Baker and I'll be attending the Harvest School of Missions there with about 200 other students. We'll be learning about missions, doing outreaches in the local community, working in the orphanage on the base, doing practical stuff in the community, and showing God's love to the people of Mozambique.

I cannot overstate how ABSOLUTELY OVER THE MOON EXCITED I am to have this opportunity!! No really. Really. Really. I'm so excited. This is something that has been on my heart to do for about 2 years and I'm so beyond pumped that the timing, the planning, and the waiting has worked out for this summer! God has opened quite a few doors and it's going to be awesome so see what is through them.

So, here's why I wanted to put this blog together...

1. I do hope to be able to update this both now and at least sporadically in Mozambique. There have been so many of you that have supported me already in the decision and I really hope to keep you all at least somewhat informed of the awesomeness I know is going to occur over there!

2. I hate to talk about money but do need to raise support to be able to make this possible! More details will follow on this but I'm looking to raise about $6000. The majority of these funds need to be in by April 25th. This includes the cost of the school,  flights, travel insurance that I will need to purchase, visas, and money for water and the (very essential toilet paper) that will need to be purchased during my stay. This also includes money that would cover one of several extended outreach options that were offered after the time at the school has ended. I haven't found out about these options yet so again, more info as soon as I know!

If you've got it on your heart to financially support me that would be amazing. Absolutely amazing. And so very appreciated. If you've got prayer, I'll definitely take that too, can't have enough of that. If you've got $1, I would love that. If you've got more I would love that too! To make it easy I've set up an account with Paypal (see the "Donate" button on the right side) for online donations. If you would prefer to send a check please write it directly to me (if you need my address please email me alisonrjordan86@gmail.com and I'll send my address to you).

You all are fantastic. Thanks for so much prayer and support already. At the risk of repeating myself let me once again say how so so excited I am to be given this opportunity this summer! So excited to be stretched, so excited to see a new place, so excited to meet people from all over the world, so excited to see how big/fantastic God is, so excited to be love in action, so excited to walk into what's been prepared for me. It's going to be AWESOME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment