I cannot believe this is actually happening!! In the last few weeks, as I've started to get started on getting flights, visa's, and everything else, I think it's finally sinking in what an amazing opportunity this is going to be. And I can't help but get more and more and more excited!! And I can't help but continually realize how ridiculously over the top blessed I am.
The extended outreach I have been accepted for is...drumroll...to Nepal!! Whoaaaaaa. So excited for that too!! Nepal. Asia. So after my time in Mozambique I'll be heading to Nepal for about 2 weeks to spend time at an Iris base there. My small team will work with several of the long term missionaries and nationals that have made there home there and work in Kathmandu. The focus of this base in Nepal is on caring for orphans and widows, the crippled, and the homeless. Iris also runs a children's home there where the majority of our time will be spent caring for and loving on the kids living there. I know I say this a lot but sooooooo excited for this too!!
To those of your who have already donated financially and with words of encouragement, thank you SO SO much!!! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. I am beyond thankful to be surrounded by the community and the friends that I am. It's one thing to feel the doors have been opened for something like this opportunity (which I totally do), it's another to have the faith to start walking through those doors. You all give me the confidence to do what I know I want and have been called to!
Aaaaaannnnd not to beat a dead horse but if you are still thinking/just haven't donated yet may I again make a plea for your assistance!! I still have a long way to go, only until the end of April to get there, this is coming up so fast!! I hate asking for money, really I do. It's quite humbling really, when what you are called to do is impossible without the help of the rest of the body. Quite humbling. There we are again with that thing called "community! Seems to be a theme...
Thanks/blessings all
Here's a website for the Nepal crew I'll be working with
http://www.irisglobal.org/nepal/about
No comments:
Post a Comment