I've been overwhelmed by the support and the ways that God has already provided for me. But for me his work has been the slow work. There's been so many stories among those going to Mozambique with me of God's miraculous provision for them. Stories of people unwrapping brown bags that were left on their doorstep or mailbox to find several hundred or even thousand dollars contained inside. Whoa! That's awesome! And while that's fantastic God's been taking me down a different path. He's been demonstrating provision in the small things and in his slow (but powerful) work. In a few extra shifts from work, in a bonus I wasn't planning on, in tax returns, in unexpected refunds, and in the generosity of friends. And I've been challenged to stop and slow down and look at those small things. Snowballs start with just a few snowflakes, and I do think God has a thing for using the little seemingly insignificant things to begin his amazingness with. And all those little things have added up!
I'm about halfway to my goal of $6000!
So awesome! Still have a ways to go in a very short time, but man thats amazing!
Speaking of small things here's a few more small ways you can help (other than still donating!!):
We've been asked to try to bring some things to help out the kids living in the orphanage where we are going to be. Any of this stuff would be much appreciated!
- Boys/girls underwear (size 1-6)
- Diapers (size 1-3)
- Crib sheets
- Toddler clothing (girls dresses/skirts need to be to the knee)
- Gifts for childrens birthday (celebrated June 1-the day I get there!)
- coloring supplies
- jump ropes, outdoor toys
- t-shirts
- journals/pens
- beads, bandanas, hair accessories
- watches, flashlights
- stickers, balloons
Here's to the God of small things. To the little ways we are taken care of that we never realize unless we look for them. I'm feeling slightly in suspense and incomplete, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that his hand is leading. Think about your small things today and give thanks. They're there!
No comments:
Post a Comment